We have collected the best inspirational quotes and motivational messages about Jesus and God and the Holy Ghost.
When I Have The Spirit
- I am happy, calm, and clear-minded
- I feel generous
- Noone can offend me
- I wouldn’t mind everyone seeing what I am doing
- I am eager to be with people and want to make them happy
- I am glad when others succeed
- I am glad to attend my meetings and participate in church activities
- I feel like praying
- I wish I could keep all the Lord’s commandments
- I feel in control – I don’t overeat or sleep too much. I don’t feel uncontrollably drawn to sensational entertainment, lose my temper or feel uncontrollable passions or desire
- I think about the Savior often and lovingly. I want to know him better.
- I feel confident and glad to be alive
When I Don’t Have The Spirit
- Feel unhappy, depressed, confused and frustrated
- I feel possessive, self-centered or resentful of demands made on me
- I am easily offended
- I become secretive and evasive
- I avoid people, especially members of my family, and are critical of family members and church activities
- I envy or resent the successes of others
- I don’t want to go to church, go home teaching, or take the sacrament. I wish I had another church job or no job at all
- I don’t want to pray
- I find the commandments bothersome, restricting or senseless
- I feel emotions and appetities so strongly that I fear I cannot control them – hate, jealousy, lust, hunger, fatique
- I hardly ever think of the Savior; he seems irrelevant to my life, or worse, part of a confusing system that seems to work against me
- I get discouraged easily and wonder if life is really worth it.
Inspirational Quotes About God and Jesus
Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed.
The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most suffessful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise.
Life is like an old time rail journey….delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed.
The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.– Gordon B. Hinkley
Bring Men To Christ
” Christ has no hand but our hands
To do his work today;
He has no feet but our feet
To lead men his way.
He has no tongue but our tongues
To tell men how he died;
He has no help but our help
To bring them to his side.”– Annie Johnson Flint
Prayer to God Lord, when I am hungry, give me someone in need of food; When I am thirsty, send me someone needing a drink; When I am cold, send me someone to warm; When I am grieved, offer me someone to console; When my cross grows heavy, let me share another's cross, too; When I am poor, lead me to someone in need; When I have no time, give me someone I can help a little while; When I am humiliated, let me have someone to praise; When I am disheartened, send me someone to cheer; When I need people's understanding, give me someone who needs mine; When I need to be looked after, send me someone to care for; When I think only of myself, draw my thoughts to another.
More Inspirational Quotes About God
“If God is your partner, make your plans BIG!”– D. L. Moody
“God loves you, and offers a wonderful plan for your life.”– Mary DeKok Blowers
“Life is too short, the world is too big, and God’s love it too great to live ordinary.”– Christine Caine
“Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.”– 1 John 4:8
“God’s love never wears out.”– Rick Warren
“God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.”– John 3:16
“God does not love us because Christ died for us. Christ died for us because God loves us.”– John R.W Stott
“The pure love of Christ can remove the scales of resentment and wrath from our eyes, allowing us to see others as our Heavenly Father sees us: As flawed and imperfect mortals who have potential and worth far beyond our capacity to imagine. Because God loves us so much, we too must love and forgive each other. ”– Dieter F. Uchtdorf
“God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.”– Augustine
Brother's Keeper One, occasion, during a severe storm, a fishing boat was in distress of the coast of Holland. A Row boat went out to rescue the crew. The waves were enormous and each of the men at the oars had to use all his strength and energy to reach the stranded sailors. When the roaboat finally reached the fishing boat, one of the victims had to stay behind because the resuce boat was too small to carry everyone. The rescuers made it back to the beach, but the crew was too exhausted from their fight with the storm winds, the winds, and the sweeping winds to make the second trip. The local captain of the coast guard asked for volunteers to make the second trip. Among those who stepped forward without heistation was 19-year old Hans. When Hans stepped forward, his mother panicked and said, "Hans, please don't go. Your father died at sea when you were four years old and your older brother, Pete, has been reported missing at sea for more than 3 months now. You're the only son left to me!" But Hans, said, "Mother, I feel that I have to do it. It is my duty." Hans boarded the row boat, took the oars and disappeared into the night. After more than an hour, the row boat came into sight again. When rescuers approached the beach, the captain of the coast guard called vigorously against the storm, "Did you save him? Hans rose from his rowing bench and shouted with all his might, "Yes! And tell Mother that it is my brother, Pete!"