You’re wondering what are the best products to dropship, correct? I mean that is most likely how you found this page.
(If you are unsure what is dropshipping, make sure you read our article that explains it first.) If I have to be honest, I do not believe there are worst and best products to dropship. I believe that whether or not a product is a good option to dropship depends on a few things.
Selecting the Best Dropship Products for Marketing
- Size of the commission. I believe anything below 5% is too small, but may work if the price is higher.
- The cookie length set by the merchant. I prefer cookies to be over a week, so when the merchant sends reminder emails, you still get the commission.
- Dependability of the merchant. Not all merchants pay like they should and they may discontinue the program.
- Dependability of the network. Some networks may not as good as they seem. Do your research.
- The terms, such as shipping time or payment options. Products that ship fast will sell faster as well.
- Product description. Ideally, you want products with optimized product description for higher sales.
- Merchant’s conversion rate. Some networks disclose this, others don’t.
- Affiliate’s ability to advertise
- Affiliate’s interest in the product
These were just the basics. I could go into details but that is not the point of the article.
One affiliate may have a website that is already ranking high for a niche and he may choose that niche to pick a product from.
Another affiliate may be just starting out and not very good at SEO, but good at email marketing.
In both of these cases, the affiliate may choose a different product based on how well they can advertise it and push the visitor to convert.
It is important for you to have a passion for something. Either to make a lot of money or passion you have for the product or the subject. I really believe that without passion you will not succeed, doesn’t matter if you have chosen the best dropshipping products or not.
- Find and company dropship product networks and platforms, where you can find dropship products to place on your website with the most amount of convenience
- Select merchants with a long history online. You want to make sure they don’t go out of business while you are marketing them
- Make sure the commission is high enough and worth working for
- Also make sure that this is something you can easily market. You will need to write about the product or create comparison pages.
- Make sure you enjoy the work, otherwise you will find that you wasted a lot of time on something you will not continue
How to find the Best Dropshipping Products Online
Finding the best dropship products that will generate the most amounts of revenue isn’t easy. If you don’t know how to do keyword research, I recommend learning that first. Without knowing how to do keyword research it is very difficult to know which market is saturated and which one is a good one to get into and market online.
If you do not plan on buiding search engine optimized pages, then it doesn’t matter, you do not need to know, but if you plan to use SEO to generate traffic, keyword research is a must.